Thank you for volunteering for Wentworth for the Voice! This is our volunteer code which governs our volunteer relationship. Wentworth for the Voice is an unincorporated group which will work with the office of Allegra Spender MP and Allegra for Wentworth Pty Ltd to campaign Yes to the Voice referendum.
This Agreement does not create an employment or contractor relationship between you and Allegra for Wentworth Pty Ltd and it may be cancelled at any time by either of us.
Wentworth for the Voice values its volunteers and will endeavour to provide you with:
- orientation and any training necessary for the volunteer role
- a safe environment for you to volunteer
- respect for your privacy, including keeping your private information confidential
- insurance which covers you for the volunteer duties you are authorised to perform
As a volunteer for Wentworth for the Voice you acknowledge that:
- you are not an employee of Wentworth for the Voice
- all work and duties performed are on a voluntary basis
- you will not receive remuneration or payment for the work you perform.
We ask that you:
- act positively and in the best interests of Wentworth for the Voice
- have respect for the privacy of other volunteers, including keeping their private information confidential
- demonstrate honest and decent behaviour
- be your best self
- be welcoming and inclusive of all
- treat everyone, including your fellow volunteers, the communities we work in, those we disagree with, and the physical spaces in which we work, with generosity and respect
In your volunteer role Wentworth for the Voice requires you to:
- participate in an onboarding and training program
- only undertake duties you are authorised and directed to perform
- follow reasonable directions and instructions that you are given
- use any property or equipment given to you safely and only for the purpose of volunteering and return it to the electorate office when you have finished using it
- not be affected by drugs or alcohol when you are volunteering
- comply with the law at all times.
If you are unsure whether a task or work is authorised, please do not hesitate to talk to a member of the leadership team of Wentworth for the Voice, or the relevant officer from Allegra’s office.
The health and safety of you and others
Volunteer safety, and the safety of everyone who is involved in our organisation, is a priority.
Your obligations are:
- to take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- to take reasonable care for the health and safety of others
- to comply with any reasonable instruction by Wentworth for the Voice
- to notify a member of the leadership team of Wentworth for the Voice of any health and safety issues or potentially hazardous situations that may pose a risk to you or others, and report any accidents or incidents relating to staff, volunteers or the location, which may be forwarded to the office of Allegra Spender or any affiliates of Wentworth for the Voice who need to receive such information to protect the health and safety of workers and volunteers
- to let Wentworth for the Voice know of any concerns you may have about safety and/or fitness in undertaking our role, and
- to co-operate with any reasonable policies and procedures of Wentworth for the Voice.
We are committed to providing adequate insurance cover for volunteers while carrying out volunteering roles that have been approved and authorised by us.
Allegra for Wentworth Pty Ltd maintains Volunteer Insurance for all voluntary workers aged under 90 years which will cover Wentworth for the Voice volunteers.
We want to let you know that the following events are unlikely to be covered by our insurance:
- actions that are beyond the scope of your volunteer role, or that occur without appropriate authority or permission from us
- criminal activity (including criminal charges arising out of driving incidents)
- dishonest or reckless activities
- where loss results from self-inflicted injury, the use of alcohol or drugs, mental illness, pregnancy and childbirth or a pre-existing condition
There are also limitations on some benefits. If you would like to view a full copy of the full insurance policy, please contact us via [email protected]
Privacy and confidentiality
You may be given access to confidential and personal information in the course of your volunteering. This may include excerpts from the Electoral Roll, personal information of other volunteers, information about campaign strategy and any other information identified as confidential or which is by its nature confidential. You agree:
- not to use or disclose any of this information (particularly electoral roll data) for any purpose other than the proper discharge of your duties as a volunteer for use;
- not to make copies of any confidential or personal information; and
- to ensure that if you need to hold confidential or personal information to fulfil your volunteer duties, you will do it in a way which ensures the ongoing confidentiality and privacy of that information (including protecting it from other volunteers who may not need to see it as part of their volunteer duties).
If you do not want photos of you as a volunteer to be used by Wentworth for the Voice, Allegra for Wentworth Pty Ltd or the office of Allegra Spender MP then please notify [email protected]. Otherwise photos of you in which you are posing may be used by us in social media and content related to the campaign.
Materials prepared for Wentworth for the Voice
From time to time you might develop material or content for Wentworth for the Voice. Unless we otherwise agree with you, you agree to take all steps to allow Wentworth for the Voice, Allegra for Wentworth Pty Ltd or the office of Allegra Spender MP to use that material and content, including by licensing and/or transferring any intellectual property rights in that material. As a volunteer you also agree not to bring any claim for infringement of your moral rights in respect of that use.
When you complete your contact details and submit the form you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to this Volunteer Agreement.
Thank you and welcome.